Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Published!

Well, it isn't exactly The New Yorker, but still ...

I am featured on the front page of the Piker Press this week. Those of you who have been following this blog for a while will recognize "What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor?", the story that I serialized here last spring. Now it's getting a wider audience.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tillerman said...

Congratulations. That's terrific.

Wed Dec 05, 05:06:00 AM MST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I write this comment with my feet on the coffee table of Piker Press's editor, and I can tell you that she was very pleased to have a work that was 1) a good story and 2) clean. I'm sure they would love to hear from you again, or perhaps from some of your talented students.

My impression is that many fiction markets are overloaded with dark writing these days, and Piker Press I know is no exception. Those out there looking to break into the biz, now might be a good time to cast a ray of sunshine into an editor's life.

Mon Dec 17, 02:51:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home