Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

This year's NaNo start

so far, so good

As those of you who know me know, in November, I participate in National Novel Writing Month, in which I write 50.000 words in 30 days with the goal of having something resembling a novel at the end. I have done this for the past 4 years, and I have signed up to do it again this year. This year's opus is Murder at the Little Theater, and here are the first 87 words:

“I don’t get it,” Bunnie said, for about the forty-seventh time.

“What’s there not to get?” Sid asked, with an exasperated tone in his voice. “You love Lancelot, you’re beginning to realize you love Lancelot, and you’re scared about where this will lead.”

“I still don’t get it,” Bunnie said. “I mean, I know this is an important scene and all, but, I, well, I don’t get it.”

“Look, we’ve been through this before. You ought to know this all by now. We open in three weeks.”

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home