Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I have made it!

50,000 words and still going

Well, I have done it for the third year in a row. I have completed 50,000 words of fiction in 30 days or less.

Of course, the novel, Murder at the Yacht Club, is far from finished. There are a whole lot of things still very much up in the air.

My race committee chairman (who is innocent) is still in jail. My earnest, hard working student, who is going straight after a rocky youth, is about to get arrested. My commodore is slowly losing his mind. The victim's wife is making whoopee with just about everybody (or at least every hunky male) in sight. And my main characters have just discovered an organized crime figure lurking in the background.

That all is going to take at least another 50,000 words to take care of.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tillerman said...

I say leave the RC chair in jail - they are never totally innocent. And every commodore loses his mind - it goes with the job description. As for the victim's wife - do you have her phone number?

Oh sorry. I got carried away. It's only fiction. Or is it?

Wed Nov 29, 05:09:00 PM MST  
Blogger Carol Anne said...

Well, for what it's worth, the victim's wife looks like Rita Hayworth, which is what I wish I looked like.

Rita who? I hear a lot of people ask.

Go to the "classics" section of your local video rental place, and check her out. She was from an era when curves were in.

Thu Nov 30, 12:20:00 AM MST  
Blogger Tillerman said...

Did curves go out? Damn.

Thu Nov 30, 08:16:00 AM MST  
Blogger Pat said...

Not at our house.

Mon Dec 04, 01:31:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home