Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Well begun …

… may be only 5 percent done, but it still feels good!

So … in the first 24 hours of my NaNo project this year, I’m up to 2404 words. Not bad, given that an average of 1667 words per day is what’s needed to get up to the requisite 50,000 by the end of the month. However, I know that Tuesdays and Thursdays are already busy in my schedule, so I won’t be able to write so much on those days. I’ll have to crank out extra wordage on Mondays and Wednesdays to make up for that. So far, so good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds like you've gotten a good jump on the writing... while I'm playing catch up today. :D

Thu Nov 02, 11:02:00 AM MST  
Blogger Carol Anne said...

I'm now up to 3828 words. I managed to get some time between classes, since I didn't have any big stacks of papers to grade. Next week, however, that changes, as the higher level classes will each be turning in two essays.

Thu Nov 02, 10:01:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am still on the first page. but keep in mind it is about an adult with ADHD, so it can take off any minute. Or wind up on a fishing trip.

Fri Nov 03, 11:19:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home