Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fifth anniversary ... one day late

Oops, almost forgot ...

July 14, 2010, marked the fifth anniversary of this blog. I had meant to create an elaborate post with a retrospective of the best of the past five years, but, well, that isn't happening. I've been buried under piles of papers to grade for so long that I don't even remember what it's like not to have all these papers that always have to be graded in far less time than is available.

And of course, I still haven't posted the final recap of the waterbloggers' food tour, either, so there's that unfinished business hanging over my head.

OK, here's an idea: Those of you who have been watching this blog for a long time, nominate your favorite posts from the past five years. Once I have time to come up for air, I'll nominate a few of my own as well.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol Anne said...

Programming note: FWIW, Visitor #78K came from Hutsville, Ala., on a Mac using Safari, on one of the usual searches.

Fri Jul 16, 09:22:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Baydog said...

Thanks for the nice comment, Carol Anne. When I read your tribute to Marty last May, it cemented my decision to do something on my Dad on the anniversary of his death. I'm sure you cried several times while composing that post, as I did on mine. Admittedly, it was the most time and thought I've ever committed to a post in my illustrious four and a half month career in blogging. I miss sailing with him.

Fri Jul 16, 10:01:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Carol Anne said...

Baydog, I cried too while I was reading your blog post. You really captured the soul of a special man.

Fri Jul 16, 10:51:00 PM MDT  
Blogger JP said...

Yup, the tribute was pretty special.

Also the various group writing exercises have been favourites of mine.

Sun Jul 18, 12:25:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous frankie said...

Forget the contest, Carol Anne, you gave us a theme to write about and some of us contributed to an exchange of recipes... that's great! We don't need 'grades'. Competition is ok for racing only. (my humble opinion, of course, don't tell Tillerman)

Mon Jul 19, 02:04:00 AM MDT  
Blogger bonnie said...

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I think if I had to I would pick the "Where I'm From" challenge. That was great.

Mon Jul 19, 04:44:00 PM MDT  
Blogger my2fish said...

if you were late posting it, I don't feel as bad being late to the comments party. congrats, carol anne. 5 years is awesome!

cheers, my2fish

Mon Jul 19, 07:30:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home