Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

At last, more pretty pictures

Here are more pictures to look at, taken this past weekend.


First, from the fourth race Saturday, Kachina dips her toerails in the water in stiff winds. We had Dan as coach, and Maureen and Vicky joined me as crew.

Sunday, Larry, Braxton, Marty, Gerald and I rigged Black Magic. We didn't get pictures, because Pat had the camera, and he didn't get there until later. So here's a picture of the boat, rigged, preparing to go into the water.



Here the boat is at the edge of the water, ready to launch.



Now the boat is in the water, floating free of the trailer.



Finally, I got the motor running and Marty and I headed off to Black Magic's temporary slip. We still need to figure out exactly where we're keeping her, but she is at least in the water, and Larry and Braxton have been working on getting her into sailable condition in time for the coming weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good so far... I bet you're excited Carol Anne.

Thu Mar 30, 09:25:00 PM MST  
Blogger Fred said...

Really appreciate your articles and such. Have put a link on my site which is quite new and should be in two languages.

When I have learned how to add photos and my boats will go back into the water, maybe.... I´ll show you something.
smooth sailing
Jim
_/) _/)

Fri Mar 31, 02:33:00 AM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see any pics.. Is this some sort of test?

Fri Mar 31, 01:02:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home