Five O'Clock Somewhere

Welcome to Five O'Clock Somewhere, where it doesn't matter what time zone you're in; it's five o'clock somewhere. We'll look at rural life, especially as it happens in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, cats, sailing (particularly Etchells racing yachts), and bits of grammar and Victorian poetry.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

A blog post about not much

Oh, I have all sorts of topics, but …

Over the past week, I've had all sorts of ideas for blog posts, including immigration, health care, money issues, a grammar moment about pronoun reference, commentary on the sense of entitlement of today's young people, an update on this weekend's visit to Five O'Clock Somewhere, how cats have Got It Good, and, of course, chronicling my battle with The Cough.

However, none of those posts has materialized. The Cough is sapping my energy, forcing me to expend hundreds, possibly thousands of calories a day, while not allowing me to eat or sleep much. I'm drained.

Maybe I should be hitting the Slivovice harder.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous tillerman said...

Hope you feel better soon. Look forward to reading posts on some of those topics. I also felt motivated to do a grammar post this week. Maybe I still will. It even has a tenuous nautical connection.

Sun Apr 05, 04:58:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Lydia Manx said...

I know that one! Where if you had a transcription machine while you were driving or showering or whatever you'd get the 'stuff' out of your mind. Add in I am doing the April Fools writing challenge (offshoot of NaNo) I have story in mind but limited time.

I hope you fell better soon.

Wed Apr 08, 07:42:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home